In this course students will experience the rewarding process of Bible interpretation. Students will learn, step by step, how to m Spiritual Education and Enrichment Credit Available metaphysically interpret a Bible story and apply the meaning to their lives. Selected stories from the Hebrew Scriptures will be maieutically and metaphysically interpreted.
SCS 100—Bible Overview: Hebrew Scriptures
After completing this course, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to use The Metaphysical Bible Dictionary and The Revealing Word
2. Define maieutic Bible interpretation and metaphysical Bible interpretation
3. Examine and apply the seven-step process of metaphysical Bible interpretation
4. Interpret a Bible story selected from the Hebrew Scriptures using the maieutic technique
5. Interpret the same story selected from the Hebrew Scriptures using the seven-step metaphysical Bible interpretation process.
6. Relate their interpretations to their own lives.
Required Texts: [Students must purchase books before class]
1. Bible (New Revised Standard Version)
2. The Metaphysical Bible Dictionary by Charles Fillmore
3. The Revealing Word by Charles Fillmore
Class Fee: $75—Students must register and pay online at firstunity.org.
S.E.E.: If you wish to receive Spiritual Education and Enrichment credit, register for class through Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute [www.uwsi.org] for an additional $45.