Mental Heath Awareness Panel Discussion
Led by Natasha Pierre. Panelists include: Grace Jean –Pierre, Justin McClain, LCSW, and LAURA ANN HARTMAN
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 1 in 4 people around the globe (450 million people) are living with a diagnosed mental illness.
It is the goal of First Unity in Mental Wellness to:
- To provide a safe space for people who live with or love a person with a diagnosed mental illness to receive information and support.
- To educate the community on mental health and to raise awareness
- To provide mental health information and resources
- Introduce First Unity Spiritual Campus, services and events to the greater community.
- 35 million U.S. children have experienced one or more types of childhood trauma.
- 61% of American men report exposure to at least one lifetime traumatic event.
- 51% of American women report exposure to at least one lifetime traumatic event.
- 90% of behavioral health clients have experienced trauma.
- $671 billion a year in health care and lost productivity; more than triple the annual cost of cancer.
This event is free. Love Offerings are always received with Gratitude. This event is not recommended for children under the age of 14.
Natasha A. Pierre is an award-winning speaker, author, career and life coach. She is also a mental health educator, disability advocate and combat veteran advocate. She holds a Social Security Administration Work Incentives Planning credential from Cornell University, a Florida State Supported Employment Specialist certificate, and is certified in both Youth and Adult Mental Health First Aid. Natasha is on the board of both NAMI-Hillsborough and Aaron’s House. Natasha also has over 20 years lived experience with Bipolar Disorder Type Two, Generalized Anxiety and PTSD.
Grace Jean -Pierre is a Mental Health First Aid Youth instructor and a trauma-informed care trainer who’s personal and professional experiences with trauma compelled her to launch The Healing Grace Project. Grace has provided crisis counseling and criminal justice support for survivors sexual assault, domestic violence and sex trafficking. She has worked with teachers, law enforcement officers, therapist, registered nurses and other community members. I have faced the challenge of problem solving while coordinating with various systems like FBI, Air Force, and county school boards on behalf of survivors of trauma.
Justin McClain, LCSW is a licensed therapist who specializes in empowering children and adults to find peace and balance within their daily lives. He has experience working with children in both the foster care and public school systems. He has taught parenting classes to newly licensed foster parents has created personalized trainings for parents of adoptive children. Justin has his Masters of Social Work from Florida State University, and has an Adoption Competent Therapist certification from Rutgers University.
Laura Ann Hartman, BSN is an outside the box difference maker. She is an entrepreneurial influencer, a non conventional Nurse, RN with a BSN from Mount St. Joseph University. Her research contributions are focused on suicide prevention with institutions like Harvard Medical and Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine. She has successfully launched several businesses and initiatives! As a published author, combat veteran (U.S. Army) and business owner, she is driven by change. Currently, she is enrolled to become an ordained New Thought Minister. Courage is contagious!